[lld] [RISCV][LLD] Zcmt RISC-V extension in lld (PR #183450)

via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 9 09:53:17 PDT 2026


LukeZhuang wrote:

> I am pretty sure I'm providing input to an LLM. I constantly have to identify issues, and since I don't know the LLM's context window, I have to expend extra effort to fine-tune it - only to receive inferior results. I need to take over this patch to save time for every reviewer, otherwise I think this will never reach an acceptable state.
> 
> I must admit that I, too, use an LLM to assist with reviews - but because I have a thorough understanding of this codebase, I am able to identify any hallucinations.
> 
> @jrtc27 From an architectural standpoint, what remaining issues does this patch currently have?

That's a little bit upset as you said that want to take over this patch, since I've been still keep working on it actively for a long time. I admit that you've given bunch of valuable comments and I really appreciate it.
And sorry I don't really understand what kind of "acceptable state" do you really want... may I just ask why couldn't we accept the current state (what kind of thing is this patch missing anyway? Is this not working?) and keep submitting patches to improve it in the future? This feature, which is valuable for RISCV, has already been blocked for at least 4 years as far as I know.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/183450


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list