[compiler-rt] [NFCI] clarify that asan-*linux.cpp files affect *nix OS'es (PR #195565)
David Justo via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 3 18:44:04 PDT 2026
================
@@ -8,7 +8,7 @@
//
// This file is a part of AddressSanitizer, an address sanity checker.
//
-// Linux-specific details.
+// Linux-specific (and Unix/Unix-like) details.
----------------
davidmrdavid wrote:
Regarding the file being misnamed: I agree. I am just taking the expedient path by keeping the imperfect file name while still providing a hint / comment that changes there could affect other OS'es. Just taking the incremental route.
Stepping back, I understood the reservations in your PR to be mostly about renaming the file. If there's also reservations about modifying comments, then I'm happy to close this PR based on prior feedback.
> It seems redundant to mention "Linux-specific" instead of only "Unix/Unix-like"
As for this - I just chose to keep 'linux-specific' to match the current (imperfect) naming. I'm trying to make a very surgical change here :-) . Though I'm happy to be challenged on the approach.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/195565
More information about the llvm-commits
mailing list