[llvm] Update GitHub PR Greeter (PR #194307)

Andrzej WarzyƄski via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 29 00:06:01 PDT 2026


================

----------------
banach-space wrote:

> I would word it a bit more strongly:

My initial version is probably too soft, but I would avoid repeating "must". I will be sending an update shortly, PTAL.

> Also, how do you feel about [this suggestion](https://discourse.llvm.org/t/rfc-mention-our-ai-policy-in-the-greeting-message-for-first-time-contributors/90642/8) to make first-time contributors explicitly say "I didn't use AI"?

"I didn't use AI" would imply a change in our AI policies, no? Specifically, folks _are allowed_ to use AI and expecting anyone to type "I didn't use AI" would imply that they are _not allowed to use it_, anymore right?

More broadly, I get the impression that folks are split between:
* Yes, lets ask people to type e.g. "I have read LLVM policies" vs
* People will type whatever we ask them to - just to tick the box.

I actually see a wider problem here - how do we enforce our policies? Even if we ask people to type "Yes, I have read the AI policy and agree to follow it.", it won't guarantee that they actually will. It is bound to remain an honor-system policy.

I do lean towards asking folks to type "Yes, I've familiarised myself with LLVM's AI policies.", simply to re-enforce the message, but would like to see more folks confirming their support for this. Or at least making sure that there are no objections.

Thanks!

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/194307


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list