[llvm] r321727 - Clear release notes for 7.0.0
Hans Wennborg via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 3 07:45:32 PST 2018
Date: Wed Jan 3 07:45:32 2018
New Revision: 321727
Clear release notes for 7.0.0
--- llvm/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst (original)
+++ llvm/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst Wed Jan 3 07:45:32 2018
@@ -1,12 +1,12 @@
-LLVM 6.0.0 Release Notes
+LLVM 7.0.0 Release Notes
- These are in-progress notes for the upcoming LLVM 6 release.
+ These are in-progress notes for the upcoming LLVM 7 release.
Release notes for previous releases can be found on
`the Download Page <http://releases.llvm.org/download.html>`_.
@@ -15,7 +15,7 @@ Introduction
This document contains the release notes for the LLVM Compiler Infrastructure,
-release 5.0.0. Here we describe the status of LLVM, including major improvements
+release 7.0.0. Here we describe the status of LLVM, including major improvements
from the previous release, improvements in various subprojects of LLVM, and
some of the current users of the code. All LLVM releases may be downloaded
from the `LLVM releases web site <http://llvm.org/releases/>`_.
@@ -40,20 +40,6 @@ Non-comprehensive list of changes in thi
functionality, or simply have a lot to talk about), see the `NOTE` below
for adding a new subsection.
-* The ``Redirects`` argument of ``llvm::sys::ExecuteAndWait`` and
- ``llvm::sys::ExecuteNoWait`` was changed to an ``ArrayRef`` of optional
- ``StringRef``'s to make it safer and more convenient to use.
-* The backend name was added to the Target Registry to allow run-time
- information to be fed back into TableGen. Out-of-tree targets will need to add
- the name used in the `def X : Target` definition to the call to
-* The ``Debugify`` pass was added to ``opt`` to facilitate testing of debug
- info preservation. This pass attaches synthetic ``DILocations`` and
- ``DIVariables`` to the instructions in a ``Module``. The ``CheckDebugify``
- pass determines how much of the metadata is lost.
@@ -113,7 +99,7 @@ Changes to the C API
During this release ...
-External Open Source Projects Using LLVM 6
+External Open Source Projects Using LLVM 7
* A project...
More information about the llvm-commits