[llvm-commits] [llvm] r145206 - /llvm/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.html
sabre at nondot.org
Sun Nov 27 14:36:22 PST 2011
Date: Sun Nov 27 16:36:22 2011
New Revision: 145206
first pass of writing complete!
--- llvm/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.html (original)
+++ llvm/trunk/docs/ReleaseNotes.html Sun Nov 27 16:36:22 2011
@@ -1057,18 +1057,16 @@
- <p>PPC32/ELF va_arg was implemented.</p>
- <p>PPC32 initial support for .o file writing was implemented.</p>
- <p>MicroBlaze scheduling itineraries were added that model the
- 3-stage and the 5-stage pipeline architectures. The 3-stage
- pipeline model can be selected with <code>-mcpu=mblaze3</code>
- and the 5-stage pipeline model can be selected with
+<li>Many PowerPC improvements have been implemented for ELF targets, including
+ support for varargs and initial support for direct .o file emission.</li>
+<li>MicroBlaze scheduling itineraries were added that model the
+ 3-stage and the 5-stage pipeline architectures. The 3-stage
+ pipeline model can be selected with <code>-mcpu=mblaze3</code>
+ and the 5-stage pipeline model can be selected with
@@ -1085,27 +1083,31 @@
from the previous release.</p>
- <li>LLVM's configure script doesn't depend on llvm-gcc anymore, clean layering.</p>
- LLVM 3.0 removes support for reading LLVM 2.8 and earlier files. Aim to maintain compatibility all the way back to 3.0 "forever".
- Frontend tests removed from llvm/test/Frontend*
- Tablegen has been split into a library, clang tblgen pieces now live in clang.
- The llvm version is now named llvm-tblgen instead of tblgen.
- PostOrder Dominator frontiers were removed.
- LowerSetJmp pass removed, unused.
+<li>LLVM 3.0 removes support for reading LLVM 2.8 and earlier files, and LLVM
+ 3.1 will eliminate support for reading LLVM 2.9 files. Going forward, we
+ aim for all future versions of LLVM to read bitcode files and .ll files
+ produced by LLVM 3.0.</li>
+<li>Tablegen has been split into a library, allowing the clang tblgen pieces
+ now live in the clang tree. The llvm version has been renamed to
+ llvm-tblgen instead of tblgen.</li>
+ <li>The <code>LLVMC</code> meta compiler driver was removed.</li>
+ <li>The unused PostOrder Dominator Frontiers and LowerSetJmp passes were removed.</li>
- <li>The <code>LLVMC</code> meta compiler driver was removed.</li>
- <li>The <code>LowerSetJmp</code> pass wasn't used effectively by any
- target and has been removed.</li>
<li>The old <code>TailDup</code> pass was not used in the standard pipeline
and was unable to update ssa form, so it has been removed.
<li>The syntax of volatile loads and stores in IR has been changed to
"<code>load volatile</code>"/"<code>store volatile</code>". The old
syntax ("<code>volatile load</code>"/"<code>volatile store</code>")
- is still accepted, but is now considered deprecated.</li>
+ is still accepted, but is now considered deprecated and will be removed in
+ <li>llvm-gcc's frontend tests have been removed from llvm/test/Frontend*, sunk
+ into the clang and dragonegg testsuites.</li>
<li>The old atomic intrinsics (<code>llvm.memory.barrier</code> and
<code>llvm.atomic.*</code>) are now gone. Please use the new atomic
instructions, described in the <a href="Atomics.html">atomics guide</a>.
+ <li>LLVM's configure script doesn't depend on llvm-gcc anymore, eliminating a
+ strange circular dependence between projects.</li>
More information about the llvm-commits