[llvm-commits] [llvm] r47719 - /llvm/trunk/include/llvm/CodeGen/SelectionDAGNodes.h
baldrick at free.fr
Thu Feb 28 09:12:11 PST 2008
Date: Thu Feb 28 11:12:11 2008
New Revision: 47719
Document that the shuffle mask may contain undef
--- llvm/trunk/include/llvm/CodeGen/SelectionDAGNodes.h (original)
+++ llvm/trunk/include/llvm/CodeGen/SelectionDAGNodes.h Thu Feb 28 11:12:11 2008
@@ -301,16 +301,16 @@
/// vector value) starting with the (potentially variable) element number
/// IDX, which must be a multiple of the result vector length.
/// VECTOR_SHUFFLE(VEC1, VEC2, SHUFFLEVEC) - Returns a vector, of the same
/// type as VEC1/VEC2. SHUFFLEVEC is a BUILD_VECTOR of constant int values
- /// (regardless of whether its datatype is legal or not) that indicate
- /// which value each result element will get. The elements of VEC1/VEC2 are
- /// enumerated in order. This is quite similar to the Altivec 'vperm'
- /// instruction, except that the indices must be constants and are in terms
- /// of the element size of VEC1/VEC2, not in terms of bytes.
+ /// (maybe of an illegal datatype) or undef that indicate which value each
+ /// result element will get. The elements of VEC1/VEC2 are enumerated in
+ /// order. This is quite similar to the Altivec 'vperm' instruction, except
+ /// that the indices must be constants and are in terms of the element size
+ /// of VEC1/VEC2, not in terms of bytes.
/// SCALAR_TO_VECTOR(VAL) - This represents the operation of loading a
/// scalar value into element 0 of the resultant vector type. The top
/// elements 1 to N-1 of the N-element vector are undefined.
More information about the llvm-commits