[lldb-dev] Mailman->Discourse Migration on February 1, 10am PST

Paul Smith via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 29 09:58:22 PST 2022

On Sat, 2022-01-29 at 08:29 -0800, Tanya Lattner via lldb-dev wrote:
> We will use the Discourse Migration website to communicate where we
> are in the process.

Just to point out that the "Setting up email interactions" section on
this page could use some attention.

For example the first bullet links to a Mozilla help page which is
obsolete; it describes modifying user preferences which don't exist in
the current LLVM Discourse (maybe LLVM is using a newer version?), or
at least they don't exist in my account.  I can't find any setting
related to "Send me email notifications when I am active on the site",
nor can I find any setting like "Mark posts as read when I'm emailed
about them".

Also the link at "Quoting previous topics in an reply" points to an
issue where the answer appears to be changing a site-wide setting, not
a per-user setting, so there's not much that we can do about it
individually.