[lldb-dev] [cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Subscribing to GitHub issue labels

Fāng-ruì Sòng via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 5 21:53:37 PST 2022

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 8:56 PM Mehdi AMINI via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 2:28 PM Tom Stellard via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a system now for subscribing to GitHub issue labels.  If you
>> want to subscribe to a label, request membership in the
>> issue-subscribers-$LABEL_NAME team from https://github.com/orgs/llvm/teams.
>

> That's awesome! Thanks :)
> I really missed this after the transition.
>
> I still haven't figured how to request membership though? Scrubbing through GitHub documentation I only found how an admin can add members but not how to request as an aspiring member?
>

>> If the team does not exist yet, file an issue and assign it to me and I will
>> create the team.
>>
>> I would also like to document these steps somewhere.  Where is the best place to
>> do this?  The Developer Policy?
>

> Did we have any doc about BugZilla?
>

>> - Tom

My process for now ....

* Ensure the component is available on
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/labels
* Visit https://github.com/orgs/llvm/teams/ . If the relevant
issue-subscribers-* already exists, finish
* Otherwise, search
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+%22Create+team%22+
whether a feature request already exists.
* Otherwise, click "New issue" and create a request like an existing
one (e.g. https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/53028 thanks to
keith for making the first request!)
* After Tom has created the team, visit
https://github.com/orgs/llvm/teams/issue-subscribers-lld-wasm/ (this