[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Code Review Process

Renato Golin via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 5 10:24:16 PDT 2021

On Tue, 5 Oct 2021 at 18:09, Tom Stellard <tstellar at redhat.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, this is not a technical issue.

I find that surprising. But maybe it's just me.

>   The Board owns the infrastructure
> for the project and is responsible for ensuring that it is well maintained
> and
> functional.  From the blog post:
>
> "The LLVM Foundation" will allow us to:
>
>   - Solve infrastructure problems.
>
> This is what we are doing here.

In that view, what's stopping the foundation from moving out of emails and
forcing us all to use Discourse?

To me, those are exactly the same kind of problem, and the IWG has already
concluded[1] it had to be done. Both mailing lists and phab are self-hosted
by us, paid by the foundation.

I'm still confused about the change in the decision process...

cheers,
--renato

[1] https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2021-June/150823.html