[lldb-dev] how to attach to process with python scripting on lldb?

Pi Pony via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 3 08:19:59 PDT 2021

Hello,

I have been trying for some days to resolve a symbol of address using lldb
python api but I haven't found how to do that.
So I think that I need to attach to the PID using python but it's not
working, I tried:

target = lldb.debugger.FindTargetWithProcessID(71321)
process = target.LaunchSimple(None, None, os.getcwd())
process.GetState() --> Returns 0  ... Why?

So I could use the ResolveSymbolAddress function because if I attach it
outside of scripting then I do not own the self – debugger object.

I appreciate your help.