[lldb-dev] Removing linux mips support

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 30 05:38:46 PDT 2021

On 16/03/2021 00:37, Ed Maste via lldb-dev wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 at 16:00, Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> A brief note on the FreeBSD mips support - the FreeBSD Foundation is
>> sponsoring MichaƂ to do this work, but our primary non-x86 focus is
>> amd64.
>
> Oops, that doesn't make a lot of sense. I meant arm64 (AArch64) here.
> Thanks to a couple of folks who pointed this out to me.

Thanks for the clarification, Ed. If FreeBSD mips code ends up
bitrotting, it may indeed also suffer the same fate. However, this all
depends on how much of it gets in the way of other things. Right now,
the linux mips implementation stands in the way of adding the freebsd
mips implementation cleanly (and a few other things), and this is the
reason I'm proposing to remove it. Right now, I don't see any
controversial bits in the new mips patch.

PSA: I'm going to proceed with the deletion later today.

thanks,
Pavel