[lldb-dev] Removing linux mips support

Ed Maste via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 15 13:00:11 PDT 2021

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 03:24, Pavel Labath via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> So, unless someone willing to address these issues (I'm happy to provide
> support where I can), I propose we drop mips support. Generic mips
> support will remain (and hopefully be better tested) thanks to the
> FreeBSD mips port, so re-adding mips support should be a matter of
> reimplementing the linux bits.

A brief note on the FreeBSD mips support - the FreeBSD Foundation is
sponsoring MichaƂ to do this work, but our primary non-x86 focus is
amd64. Other architectures that had old-style in-process FreeBSD
support (including mips) are in scope on a best-effort basis.

I hope that this does result in better testing of the generic mips
support and such. However, FreeBSD/mips users are going to need to use
and test this on an ongoing basis or we'll find ourselves in the same
situation, and will have to look at retiring it as well.