[lldb-dev] RISC-V (bare-board) debugging?

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 24 22:44:32 PDT 2021

> On Jun 19, 2021, at 2:59 AM, Thomas Goodfellow via lldb-dev <lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> I saw the impending patch https://reviews.llvm.org/D62732 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D62732>, which suggests that the current LLDB doesn't support RISC-V targets at all? If that's correct, then do I understand correctly that the patch will support bare-board debugging, e.g. via openocd?

We have some people debugging using this patch and a RISC-V simulator, so this does work.

> Is there any sentiment on when the patch will land?

I believe testing is the main thing holding this patch up right now. I would like to see this resolved and checked in. We might need a built that can add support for RISC-V so that we can test the functionality.