[lldb-dev] Is DBGSearchPaths supported for configuring dSYM lookups?

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 18 10:55:35 PST 2021

> On Feb 18, 2021, at 6:55 AM, Ivan Hernandez <ivanhernandez at google.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for the very detailed explanation Greg!

Happy to help! I wrote the original DebugSymbols.framework when I worked at Apple many many years ago, so I am quite familiar with what it does.

> Good to know about why DBGSpotlightPaths was not working and that DBGSearchPaths is a possible option. I do expect this directory will get quite large so it looks like DBGFileMappedPaths is the better alternative.

Yeah, should be easy to have a python script that can take files from a directory and create any needed file mapped paths for you that is run each time you download some new symbols files. If you make a stand alone python file that does this kind of utility, you can check it into the lldb repository in lldb/examples/python

Greg