[lldb-dev] Is DBGSearchPaths supported for configuring dSYM lookups?

Ivan Hernandez via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 11 08:29:23 PST 2021

Hello,

I am in need of configuring dSYM lookups on macOS for a directory under
~/Library/Caches which is not indexed by Spotlight and does not seem to be
picked up when adding my directory to DBGSpotlightPaths. The Symbols on
macOS <https://lldb.llvm.org/use/symbols.html> page includes "Explicit
search paths" as a method of dSYM lookups but mentions no way of
configuring it. I happened to come across this very old GDB release notes
<https://opensource.apple.com/source/gdb/gdb-696/doc/ReleaseNotes.xml> page
which mentions that DBGSearchPaths can be used to configure explicit search
paths. I can use DBGFileMappedPaths or DBGShellCommands but DBGSearchPaths
seems to be working fine and looks like a much simpler approach if it is
intended to be supported in the long term.

Thanks,
Ivan