[lldb-dev] Adding support for FreeBSD kernel coredumps (and live memory lookup)

David Spickett via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 2 06:15:02 PST 2021

> 1. The (older) "full memory" coredumps that use an ELF container.
>
> 2. The (newer) minidumps that dump only the active memory and use
a custom format.

Maybe a silly question, is the "minidumps" here the same sort of
minidump as lldb already supports
(https://chromium.googlesource.com/breakpad/breakpad/+/master/docs/getting_started_with_breakpad.md#the-minidump-file-format)?
Or mini meaning small and/or sparse relative to the ELF container core
files.

I see that the minidump tests use yaml2obj to make their files, but if
you end up only needing 1 file and it would need changes to yaml2obj
probably not worth pursuing.