[lldb-dev] [RFC] Segmented Address Space Support in LLDB

Zdenek Prikryl via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 10 12:58:58 PST 2020

Hi all,

Just for the record, we have successfully implemented the wrapping of
addr_t into a class to support multiple address spaces. The info about
address space is stored in the ELF file, so we get the info from ELF
parser and then pass it to the rest of the system. CLI/MI interface has
been extended as well, so user can select with address space he wants
for memory printing. Similarly, we patched expression evaluation,
disassembler, etc.

If the address wrap is part of the upstream version, it will be awesome
:-)...

Best regards.

Zdenek Prikryl
CTO