[lldb-dev] RFC: -flimit-debug-info + frame variable

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 20 14:29:39 PDT 2020

BTW, Adrian already did something along these lines for the dynamic types of swift “frame variable” values.  In that case, the dynamic type is quite likely from some entirely unrelated module.  Swift makes a lot of use of protocols, so code is going to pass through your module that shares no actual types in common with it…  So you really don’t want to pollute the module's TypeSystem with these unrelated dynamic types.  His solution was to put the dynamic type results in the scratch AST context.  I don’t remember the details of his implementation, but he probably does…

Jim