[lldb-dev] LLDB_PYTHON_HOME

Adrian McCarthy via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 27 10:09:55 PST 2020

Is there documentation on how lldb\include\lldb\host\config.h is
generated?  I'm again having the problem of the config trying to point to
the wrong Python installation.

When I run cmake, I explicitly point PYTHON_HOME to C:\Python36 like this:

cmake -GNinja -DLLVM_TEMPORARILY_ALLOW_OLD_TOOLCHAIN=ON
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DLLDB_TEST_DEBUG_TEST_CRASHES=1
-DPYTHON_HOME=C:\Python36
-DLLDB_TEST_COMPILER=D:\src\llvm\build\ninja\bin\clang.exe
..\..\llvm-project\llvm -DLLVM_ENABLE_ZLIB=OFF
-DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang;lld;lldb"

But the generated Config.h contains:

#define LLDB_PYTHON_HOME "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual
Studio/Shared/Python37_64"

And the mismatch causes my build to fail because it goes looking for
python37_d.dll, which is apparently not part of the Microsoft distribution.