[lldb-dev] ValueObjectChild and SetData

Gabor Greif via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 5 13:50:34 PDT 2020

Hi LLDB devs,

short question. Since the method

  bool ValueObjectChild::SetData(DataExtractor &data, Status &error)

doesn't exist, what is the preferred way to update the contents of
scalar bitfields?

Is there any code in the repo demonstrating the technique?

I am interested, because for the language I am writing a plugin for
certain datatypes are MSBit-aligned, e.g. a Nat16 occupies the upper
portion of the bits in a (32-bit) word.

Viewing and setting of such variables thus involves shifting bits, and
I'd expect that ValueObjectChild (in bitfield mode) would do that for
me.

Thanks in advance for any clues,

cheers,

    Gabor