[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Switching from Bugzilla to Github Issues [UPDATED]

David Blaikie via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 21 10:52:38 PDT 2020

All things being equal, I'd prefer Richard Smith's proposal that doesn't
involve needing a new/old numbering scheme, but lets us keep a single
numbering/redirection (& I doubt we need the first 200 bugs in any case -
has anyone referred to bugs that early in the last 5 years, say? But
wouldn't mind if they were copied in with different numbers/some kind of
redirection (but hey, if we can rewrite bug contents - we could always move
the existing 200 bugs (but I guess some are pull requests and we can't
totally rewrite those into bugs?) up into the new numbering range once the
necessary numbers are reserved)).

But I understand the single numbering preserving option is likely more
complicated/costly & thus not an equal candidate - just my minor preference.