[lldb-dev] Default script language

Ed Maste via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 1 14:09:18 PDT 2020

In lldb/include/lldb/lldb-enumerations.h we have:
eScriptLanguageDefault = eScriptLanguagePython

I'd like to do something like:
#if LLDB_ENABLE_PYTHON
eScriptLanguageDefault = eScriptLanguagePython
#elif LLDB_ENABLE_LUA
eScriptLanguageDefault = eScriptLanguageLua
#else
eScriptLanguageDefault = eScriptLanguageNone
#endif

if we could include Config.h, or achieve the same effect in some other
way if we cannot. Does this seem reasonable?

I'm interested in this for lldb in the FreeBSD base system. We have
lua available already (and no python) and I've integrated our liblua
it into lldb, but it required "--script-language lua" on the command
line. For now I'll just change the default to be eScriptLanguageLua in
our tree, but would like to have this "just work" upstream.