[lldb-dev] Hiding trampoline functions from the backtrace, is it possible ?

Nat! via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 25 12:46:53 PDT 2019

> I don't think that is right for "step-in".  As you said above, in the classic example of a trampoline: objc_msgSend you can't statically know the destination.  So the DWARF can't help resolve this; you would still need to do the work the lldb trampoline classes do at runtime.

I was thinking along the line of the debugger looking examining the
stack frame after a step and if it is marked as artificial continuing to
do "stepi" until it hits a frame that isn't marked artificial. That
would work for quite a bit of code (probably most of mine :). But I can
see that the scheme would fail, if the trampoline code needs to execute
a stdlib function or some such (maybe on a cache miss).

Ciao
    Nat!