[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] GitHub Migration Schedule and Plans

Renato Golin via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 14 11:15:47 PDT 2019

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 at 00:22, Tom Stellard via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> With my latest changes in https://reviews.llvm.org/D67772 it is actually possible
> to create a new branch with git-llvm, so we could print a disclaimer or block this,
> however we still can't stop people from creating a new branch using the
> normal git command.

If the master branch is protected, we can always as people to be nice
and not create new branches and clean up if it happens by accident or
misinformation.

After a while, mistakes should become infrequent enough that it's ok.

FWIW, I'm with Mehdi on this. I'd much rather people used their own
forks for development branches, and leave only release branches on the
master repo.

Also, for everyone involved in this: thank you! The "migration" list
on your first email is so short and simple that I almost didn't
believe. :)

cheers,
--renato