[lldb-dev] The pre-built Windows LLDB binary has a dependency on an external python36.dll?

Adrian McCarthy via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 21 16:26:06 PST 2019

Yes, that sounds plausible, but I don't recall for sure.  I think there's a
build-time option to say you don't want Python at all, but I can't remember
if there was a load-as-needed option.

In any event, the current situation is what it is.  What's feasible and
worth doing for the future?

* Hard dependency (as we have right now)
* Dynamically load Python DLL on startup if it exists, or provide a better
error message with instructions
* Dynamically load Python DLL on startup if it exists, otherwise disable
Python-dependent features
* Dynamically load a specific version of the Python DLL if/when needed
* Dynamically load any supported Python DLL if/when needed