[lldb-dev] Test suite failures on Fedora Linux?

David Zarzycki via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 25 06:11:09 PDT 2019

> On Mar 25, 2019, at 9:04 AM, Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 12:05:33 +0100, David Zarzycki via lldb-dev wrote:
>> I’m trying to build/test/run the latest lldb on the latest Red Hat Fedora,
>> but I’m seeing four failures. Is this expected? What operating system do the
>> LLVM build bots run? Thanks!
>
> My Fedora buildbot does run Fedora 29 x86_64 but it is a bit underpowered so
> several racy testcases fail there, I need to fix those:
> 	http://lab.llvm.org:8014/buildslaves/lldb-x86_64-fedora
>
> On my normal workstation I get PASS (9ac2859cf2f2a47c8ec66ad4771bb35d627a789f).
> kernel-4.20.15-200.fc29.x86_64
> Testing Time: 82.61s
>  Expected Passes    : 1535
>  Expected Failures  : 1
>  Unsupported Tests  : 31
> [100%] Built target check-lldb
>
> As a form of troubleshooting you can try:
> # dnf install elfutils-default-yama-scope;echo 0 >/proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope;setenforce 0

/proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope is already set to zero, and SELinux is already disabled via the kernel command line.

To answer Pavel’s related question, here is the kernel version:

5.0.3-200.fc29.x86_64 (mockbuild at bkernel03.phx2.fedoraproject.org) (gcc version 8.3.1 20190223 (Red Hat 8.3.1-2) (GCC)) #1 SMP Tue Mar 19 15:07:58 UTC 2019