[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: changing variable naming rules in LLVM codebase & git-blame

Raphael “Teemperor” Isemann via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 30 02:53:34 PDT 2019

Is the plan for LLDB to just adapt the code that is trying to follow the new code style or also the code using the LLDB code style?

I’m in general in favor of moving LLDB to the LLVM code style because it makes the LLDB code that interfaces with Clang/LLVM less awkward to write (e.g. no more code style confusion when inheriting from a Clang classes inside the LLDB code base). But I think if we do this, then it should be discussed/planned in more detail and in a lldb-dev thread that actually reaches all/most LLDB devs. I wouldn’t even have read this thread if Pavel didn’t CC lldb-dev.

As a side note: LLDB has downstream projects that will suffer from this, but I believe (?) LLD has no downstream projects. So I think LLD is maybe also a good candidate to test this?

- Raphael