[lldb-dev] queue-name parameter

Fernando Bunn via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 18 16:23:52 PDT 2019

Hi, everyone.
I'm seeing an issue when using the -q parameter on a breakpoint using Xcode.

when I run:
*(lldb) help breakpoint modify*
I see this:

       -q <queue-name> ( --queue-name <queue-name> )
            The breakpoint stops only for threads in the queue whose name is
            given by this argument.

So far, so good.
Then I try to set a breakpoint with -q on it like so:
*(lldb) breakpoint set --file ViewController.swift --line 27 -q
com.apple.main-thread*

This doesn't seem to work, but if I use -Q (uppercase), it works just fine.

I thought that there was a typo somewhere and even had a patch ready to
submit changing the *CommandObjectBreakpoint.cpp* file
from this:
*  { LLDB_OPT_SET_1, false, "queue-name",   'q',
OptionParser::eRequiredArgument, nullptr, {}, 0, eArgTypeQueueName,   "The
breakpoint stops only for threads in the queue whose name is given by this
argument." },*

to this:
*  { LLDB_OPT_SET_1, false, "queue-name",   'Q',
OptionParser::eRequiredArgument, nullptr, {}, 0, eArgTypeQueueName,   "The
breakpoint stops only for threads in the queue whose name is given by this
argument." },*

but it looks the correct value is being used to switch the parameters:
*    case 'q':*
*      m_bp_opts.GetThreadSpec()->SetQueueName(option_arg.str().c_str());*
*      break;*

My question is: why Xcode's version is not respecting the 'q' case?
I tested on both:
lldb-1100.0.28.6 and lldb-1001.0.13.3 and the same thing happens.

Apologies if this is not the best place to ask questions like this, I'd
appreciate some directions to the correct place If that's the case. Maybe
file a radar directly on Apple?

Thanks for your attention
--
Fernando