[lldb-dev] LLDB bot health

Tamas Berghammer via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 14 02:54:56 PST 2019

+Pavel Labath <pavel at labath.sk>

Pavel and Me was owning the following bots:
lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-buildserver: Builds lldb-server for various
andoird architectures (doesn't run tests)
lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-cmake      : Runs lldb tests with 6 different
compilers on Linux (clang-3.5, gcc-4.9.4, clang HEAD) * (i386, x86_64)
lldb-x86_64-darwin-13.4             : Building lldb on darwin using
cmake+ninja and running remote debugging tests for android (AFAIK devices
have been removed since)
lldb-windows7-android               : Building lldb for windows using
cmake+ninja and running remote debugging tests for android (using an i386
andoird emulator)
lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-android    : Building lldb for linu and running
remote debugging tests for android (AFAIK devices have been removed since)

My opinion is that we should leave lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-buildserver on
as it provides at least build coverage for android and it is very stable
and easy to fix when it breaks. If people have interest maintaining Linux
support (I hope they do) then having lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-cmake on and
green could be useful and I can help out with general bot maintenance but
won't have bandwidth to actually look into test failures. For the rest of
the bots I would propose to just turn them on unless somebody from
Google/Android steps forward to maintain them as they occasionally require
physical access and at the moment they are located in a lab in the Google
MTV office. Will send an e-mail to a few interested parties to check if
there is any takers.

Cheers,
Tamas