[lldb-dev] [RFC] Using Sphinx to generate documentation

Jonas Devlieghere via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 9 08:52:01 PST 2019

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 4:09 AM Stefan Gränitz <sgraenitz at apple.com> wrote:

> Hey Jonas that looks great! And what a nice way to do the review.
>
> Two of the pages from "RESOURCES" are in the new docs now: Testing LLDB
> and The SB API Coding Rules
> Will they be removed from the root page and/or do the others follow?
>
> Added a few notes on escape characters to the review.

Thanks!

> The biggest issue is that the GDB to LLDB command map is totally
> unreadable with the RST generated table. I spent a little time tweaking the
> CSS, but this needs some attention. Worst case we'll have to have an HTML
> table here.
>

> GDB to LLDB map is one of  the most viewed pages in the docs right? I had
> a look and got the below result with a few CSS tweaks in the layout
> "debugger":
>
>     p, blockquote { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; }
>     tr.row-even { background: #eee; }
>     tr.row-odd td { font-family: monospace; padding-bottom: 15px; }
>     table.docutils { width: 100%; }

Nice. I've added a custom class to these tables so we can limit these
changes to only this table. I think this looks pretty good (you might have
to clear your cache): https://jonasdevlieghere.com/static/lldb/use/map.html

I also managed to fix the column width, except for the first table. I'll
have another look soon.

>>> Jonas