[lldb-dev] [RFC] Having common Python OS Plug-in

Alexander Polyakov via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 17 12:50:30 PDT 2019

It seems that I need a Apple ID to create an account, can you please share
the code?

I want common OS plug-in to be similar to Apple's lldbmacros (link
<https://github.com/apple/darwin-xnu/tree/master/tools/lldbmacros>), but it
should be with support of multiple architectures and operating systems,
logging and so on. I've created such a plug-in for Zephyr OS, maybe I'll be
able to also share the code to show how common plug-in might look like.

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 10:40 PM Jim Ingham <jingham at apple.com> wrote:

> If you want to undertake such a thing, that would be great.  The other
> fairly complex OS plugin that exists in the wild is the one that ships with
> the Darwin Kernel Debug Kit.  You can get this from
> http://developer.apple.com/download/more - you need a free ADC account to
> get this, though if that's a problem I can also get you a copy of the
> Python code for the OS plugin.  If you're going to make some common
> utilities you might have a look at what that one does if you haven't
> already.
>
> Jim
>

> > On Apr 17, 2019, at 11:37 AM, Alexander Polyakov via lldb-dev <
> lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi lldb-dev,
> >
> > The last few months, I was implementing a LLDB OS Python plug-in. It
> seems that there are functionality that is duplicated across many OS
> plug-ins. I think we can change that by, for example, upstreaming to LLDB
> an OS python plug-in which can be used by all clients and may contain a lot
> of utility functions and useful mechanisms like logging, type summaries and
> so on.
> >
> > What is your opinion on this?
> >
> > --
> > Alexander