[lldb-dev] Process 45245 exited with status = -1 (0xffffffff) debugserver died with an exit status of 0x00000000

Steve Ravet via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 4 09:44:07 PDT 2019

lldb developers, I am having a problem with lldb that I hope you can help with. I am debugging some C++ by running it, and attaching to the process with lldb.  I get a nonsensical backtrace like this:

 thread #37, name = 'xmsim', stop reason = signal SIGSTOP
   frame #0: 0x00002b96a2ab1409
 thread #38, name = 'xmsim', stop reason = signal SIGSTOP
   frame #0: 0x00002b96a2ab1409
 thread #39, name = 'xmsim', stop reason = signal SIGSTOP
   frame #0: 0x00002b96a2ab1409
 thread #40, name = 'xmsim', stop reason = signal SIGSTOP
   frame #0: 0x00002b96a2ab1409
 thread #41, name = 'xmsim', stop reason = signal SIGSTOP
   frame #0: 0x00002b96a2ab1409
 thread #42, name = 'xmsim', stop reason = signal SIGSTOP
   frame #0: 0x00002b96a2ab1409

And the first lldb command I try, I get the message in the subject, and the debug session is dead.

I am on CentOS 6 with no possibility of moving to something newer.  I had this problem with lldb 6.0.0, but recently moved to lldb 8.0.0 and still have it. The compile toolchain is llvm 6.0.0. Where do I look to further debug this, either why the process exited or why the debugserver died?

thanks,
--steve