[lldb-dev] Scaler_Storage_order support in lldb.

Chirag Patel via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 2 07:08:45 PDT 2018

Hello,

I am currently looking into supporting the scaler_storage_order attribute support in lldb clang type system, namely DW_AT_endianity attribute on DW_TAG_base_type.(for the time being i will add on DW_TAG_variable support later)

I am planning to encode that attribute in heap-allocated Extended qualifier same used in clang front-end and decode it in clang expression parser decl map to set the byte order in data extractor.

currently the ExtQuals is missing from lldb.

Is above design seems sane enough?

i have chose ExtQual because it will be rarely used and QualType is full, it will also go hand in hand with frontend for sso attribute.

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Patel| Software Engineer
RAINCODE Mainframe to .NET

Tel : +91 080 41159811 | Mob : +91 90493 36744
www.raincodelabs.com<http://www.raincodelabs.com/>