[lldb-dev] clang::VersionTuple

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 8 09:11:27 PDT 2018

While moving Args around, I noticed that we have a bunch of
functions/classes that pass/store version numbers as a triplet of integers
(e.g. Platform::GetOSVersion). I got halfway into creating a wrapper class
for that when I noticed clang::VersionTuple, which is pretty much what I
wanted out of the box.

Now there are small differences between this class, and what we have now:
it has an extra fourth "build" field, and it uses only 31 bits to represent
  the values. None of these seem to matter (particularly as we are
converting our representation into this struct in some places) that much,
but before I go through the trouble of pulling this class into llvm
(although technically possible, it seems wrong to pull a clang dependency
at such a low level), I wanted to make sure we are able to use it.

Do you see any reason why we could not replace our version triplets with
clang::VersionTuple ?

cheers,
pl