[lldb-dev] Displaying custom types in STL containers

Davide Italiano via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 19 18:29:19 PDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Florin Trofin via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Ok,but how do you debug this? Debugging the debugger's formatter seems
> non-trivial. Are there any guides/steps?

I generally recommend enabling logs (through `log enable lldb
<category> -f ~/somefile.txt`) and then work back from there.
The logs tend to contain a lot of informations so I'd try with few
channels. I'd start with `formatters`.

To get a full list you can try:
(lldb) log list
(lldb) log help

This helped me to solve a few issues I would've otherwise had no clue
where to start (once I understand the context from the formatter, I
generally grep in the source code & set breakpoints).
Don't hesitate to ask if you have other questions.

Thanks,

--
Davide