[lldb-dev] Issues (resolved) with running lldb test-suite on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Jonas Devlieghere via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 29 12:07:23 PDT 2018

Hi Puyan,

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 7:30 PM, Puyan Lotfi via lldb-dev <lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Just a heads up, I had run into some issues running make check-lldb. I found the solution to be setting:
>
> PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS=/usr/include/python2.7
> PYTHON_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/python2.7/config-x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so
>
> prior to running cmake. Of course python2.7-dev needs to be installed prior.
>
> I don’t know if this can be done a better way through pyenv or something like that, but I just thought I'd put that out there.

We’ve had similar issues with Python on Darwin. One potential cause of problems is linking against a different version of Python than the interpreter. If you install Python trough python.org or Homebrew, CMake finds that version for the interpreter, but the system one for libpython2.7.dylib.

-- Found PythonLibs: /usr/lib/libpython2.7.dylib (found version "2.7.10")		<- System Python
-- Found PythonInterp: /usr/local/bin/python2.7 (found version "2.7.15")        <- Homebrew Python

I’ve been told that as of version 3.12 of  CMake, there will be a new interface to FindPython that will ensure consistently and differentiate between Python 2 and Python 3 (which I presume is your issue here). I don’t know if CMake supports doing different things depending on the version, but hopefully this will be resolved in the future. In the meantime (on macOS) I just unlinked the Python interpreter from /usr/local/bin.