[lldb-dev] LLDB Process Attach Failed When Waiting

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 7 02:11:18 PDT 2018

sleep_for is definitely better than usleep because of portability (and
we use it elsewhere already).

Could you attach the patch to phabricator instead
<https://reviews.llvm.org/differential/> ? It's easier to make
comments and iterate there. When you upload the patch be sure to
include full context in it (git diff -U9999 or similar). Or you can
use the arcanist tool which will do it for you.

As for the test, there are two test ways you can do that. One is using
the python tests
(test/testcases/tools/lldb-server/TestGdbRemoteAttach.py would be a
good starting point), other is via googletest
(unittests/tools/lldb-server/LLGSTest.cpp). Neither of the tests is
going to be particularly nice because you will have to juggle multiple
things (speaking with the server and launching the inferior), but it
should be doable using both.

We should already be able to display a better error message, if the
server sends one (the Status overload of the SendErrorResponse
function). If the error string that comes out of that is not good
enough, then we can tweak whoever creates the Status object to fill it
out better as a separate patch.