[lldb-dev] MacOS minidump debugging

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 6 08:20:59 PDT 2018

We don't have support for reading mac minidumps presently. That said,
it probably wouldn't be too hard to add one, as we already have
windows and linux minidumps working (to some degree, at least). It
would probably require adding parsing support for some OS-specific
structures (I recall some things are stored differently between linux
& windows, so I expect there to be some for osx as well).
On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 at 16:11, Rustam Hashimov via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Yes.
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
>>
>> I assume you're referring to a windows minidump as opposed to a Mac core file?
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:19 PM Rustam Hashimov via lldb-dev <lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> lldb newbie here.
>>> Has anyone debugged minidump with lldb in MacOS. Any documentation or pointers would be appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rustam