[lldb-dev] How LLDB plug-ins loaded on Windows?

Salahuddin Khan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 5 13:12:07 PDT 2018

Hi Zachary,

Ahh ok, thanks for your quick response.

I was hoping to use LLDB on Windows (to debug Go code), which I know is DWARF based (and I thought would work on Windows), but since I couldn’t seem to set a breakpoint in C/C++/Go, so I thought perhaps plug-ins weren’t being loaded (although it’s not possible to ‘load’ a .lib file, they have to be included during link time).

However, longer term I’m also hoping to replace the kernel debugger for my own operating system (a personal OS written from scratch) with LLDB. My OS uses the PE file format and has PDBs too – currently compiled on Windows using a very old version of the Windows DDK. I’m in the process of moving to a new build system using clang. I was using DIA to some degree and debugging from Windows, but I eventually hope to be able to debug one system from another also running the OS, so non-Windows support would be good.

Any idea which pieces are missing on Windows? I’m probably going to start debugging lldb to figure it out, but knowing what is needed would help significantly.

Thanks,
Salah