[lldb-dev] Questions about the LLDB testsuite and improving its reliability

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 17 15:07:19 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 3:04 PM Adrian Prantl <aprantl at apple.com> wrote:

> On the other hand:
> - everybody already knows make

I'm not sold on this particular reason.  Make is not the LLVM build system,
CMake is.  "I don't know the build system of the project I actually work
on, but I do know this other build system" is not a compelling argument.

(As an aside, not every knows Make that well, but it doesn't actually
matter because the amount of actual Make code is negligibly small, i.e. 1-2
lines per test in a vast majority of cases)