[lldb-dev] [llvm-dev] Adding DWARF5 accelerator table support to llvm

Adrian Prantl via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 17 11:00:00 PST 2018

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 9:20 AM, Jonas Devlieghere via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> As mentioned by Adrian in the comment you linked, I too am looking at DWARFv5
> accelerator tables in LLVM.
>
> To give you some background: my motivation is that I want to upstream support
> for (Apple style) accelerator tables in llvm-dsymutil,

Some background for the benefit of everyone who may not be aware of the genesis of the DWARF v5 accelerator tables:

DWARF v5 accelerator tables are a direct evolution of the "Apple" accelerator tables that are implemented in LLVM (after going through the standardization process and being reworked/generalized there), so we hope that the implementation can at least share some common interfaces with the existing Apple accelerator table implementation where this makes sense.

-- adrian