[lldb-dev] lldb showing wrong type structure for virtual pointer type

jonas echterhoff via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 28 03:03:48 PST 2018

> On Feb 28, 2018, at 11:19 AM, Dmitry Antipov <dantipov at nvidia.com> wrote:
>
> On 02/28/2018 11:31 AM, jonas echterhoff via lldb-dev wrote:
>
>> I'm using lldb-900.0.64.
>            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>            ??????????????
> Latest official release is 5.0.1; also there are 6.0.0 (at -rc3, the next release)
> and 7.0.0 (a.k.a SVN trunk). What's the 'version' output of your LLDB prompt?

It is what I posted:

jechter$ lldb --version
lldb-900.0.64
  Swift-4.0

Maybe Apple uses a different versioning scheme for lldb distributed with their toolchains?

>> Unfortunately, I have not yet succeeded in coming up with a small, independent repro case which shows this problem.
>
> IIUC this is it:

[...]

> Here 'this' is different between calls to obj2.f () and obj2.g () (0x00007fffffffdb50 vs.
> 0x00007fffffffdb40), and objects are shown as different as well - {111, 222} vs. {333, 444}.

Thanks. What you are showing there seems very peculiar.

But I don't think it's the same problem as I have (and also, using the same steps on my machine does not repro the problem you showed - I get the same value for "this" and it's members between the calls to S::B::f and S::B::g).

My problem was not about showing a wrong object (My "this" pointer value was correct), but about showing a wrong type representation of the correct object data.

jonas