[lldb-dev] FreeBSD LLDB buildbot

Ed Maste via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 26 10:26:38 PST 2018

Years ago there was a FreeBSD LLDB buildbot managed by Galina; it was
decommissioned quite some time ago. I've been running one since then,
but it was never set up to run tests, only build.

Over the weekend I tried to get it to run tests, but ended up with a
broken installation. I've started over in a clean FreeBSD jail and
have it configured again, but it appears that FreeBSD now has a newer
version of the buildbot worker package (0.9.11) in the package
collection that is not compatible with the server; the Python 3
version reported:

remoteFailed: [Failure instance: Traceback from remote host --
Traceback unavailable
buildbot_worker.base.UnknownCommand: unrecognized WorkerCommand 'b'shell''
]

I installed the Python 2 buildbot-worker 0.9.11 and it reports:

exceptions.AssertionError: Unexpected usePTY argument value:
'slave-config'. Expected boolean.
exceptions.AssertionError: Unexpected usePTY argument value:
'slave-config'. Expected boolean.

It seems there's a number of interop problems between different
Buildbot versions and Python 2 / Python 3. What is the best way to
install a compatible buildbot worker?