[lldb-dev] [6.0.0 Release] Release notes nag email

Hans Wennborg via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 21 07:47:39 PST 2018

Dear everyone,

We're getting close to the 6.0.0 release, but the release notes are
still in a pretty bad state. You can see the notes for rc2 here:
http://prereleases.llvm.org/6.0.0/#rc2 (a few things have been added
since).

When the release happens, a lot of people will look at the notes, so
it's a good opportunity to mention the work that's happened in the
past six months.

If you know anything that's worth adding, please commit to the release
notes on the branch directly, or send me a patch or even a plain email
with some text and I'll add it.

(The folks mentioned below are bcc on this email. Apologies if you've
already added notes.)

Chandler: The retpoline mitigation is probably one of the more notable
things. Can you please write something? Maybe we can just link to your
very comprehensive commit message.

Richard: Is there anything we should add to the Clang release notes?
Can you please ensure that the cxx status page is updated?

Rui and Rafael: Can you take a look at the LLD release notes?

Tobias: We're surfacing the Polly release notes since the last
release, but right now they're empty. Can you write something?

Alex: There seems to be good release notes for clang-tidy, but do you
know if there should be notes for the others tools? Who are the right
people to ping about this?

Ulrich: Want to add something about IBM z14? Or System/Z in general?

Johannes: Want to write something about clang-diff?

Pete: Do you want to write something about the ARC backend?

Gadi: Do you want to write something about your scheduling work?

Ashutosh: Do you want to write something about your scheduling work?

Evgeniy: Do you want to add something about the minimal ubsan runtime?

Sanjay: Do you want to write something about the new fast-math IR flags?

Thanks to Alex's LLVM Weekly for highlighting these.

Cheers,
Hans