[lldb-dev] PDB symbol reader supports C++ only?

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 20 19:35:12 PDT 2018

Various parts of lldb require knowing the source language. It’s possible
that things will mostly work if you report that the language is c++, but
you’ll probably get errors in other areas. It goes all the way down to the
CodeView level, where certain cv records indicate the original source
language. Can you check cvconst.h (ships with DIA SDK) and look for the
enumeration corresponding to source language? Does it have a value for
Rust? I’m guessing it doesn’t. When you generate PDBs for Rust you probably
need to put something unique value there, then we could properly set the
language in lldb