[lldb-dev] buildbot deployment: gsutil: Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.create access to lldb_test_traces

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 2 04:47:25 PDT 2018

This step is very specific to our (android studio) buildbot setup, and
it uploads the test results to a google cloud account only accessible
to our team. If you wanted to do something like that, you'd have to
create your own account and set it up similarly.

However, I strongly suspect that you do not want this, and just want
to set up a buildbot that runs the lldb tests. In that case, this step
is completely unnecessary for you, and can be removed from the config
for your bot. The reason it hasn't been made optional in this slave
factory yet, is that you're the first person except us who wants to
set up a buildbot which runs tests (free/netbsd bots use the same
config too, but they don't run tests).

*However*, for setting up a new bot, I'd recommend not using this
particular slave factory (getLLDBScriptCommandsFactory) at all,
because it's heavily customized for our use case (*), and very
different from how typical llvm buildbots are set up. You might be
better off setting up a new factory, which just does the typical
checkout+build+(optional) test steps, and avoids all of this mess.
Maybe then even the *BSD bots will migrate to that (I tried to warn
them when they started running into the same issues as you are now,
but to no avail). Feel free to ping me on IRC if you want to know more
about this.

(*) some of this is complexity is warranted as the config also
supports running tests on a remote android, but overall, if I was
setting up a fresh bot now, I wouldn't have used this config either.

pl