[lldb-dev] Prologue instructions having line information

Robinson, Paul via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 15 10:03:13 PDT 2017

The DWARF line table hasn't fundamentally changed since DWARF 2, and
the model is that each instruction maps to one source location (or to
"line 0" for no specific source location).  While it is technically
possible for the _encoding_ of the line table to express more than
one source location for a given instruction, it's not intentional,
AFAICT, and I doubt any consumer is looking for that.

I believe there are proposals floating around to make this better
but that would be part of DWARF 6, whenever it comes out.
--paulr