[lldb-dev] check-lldb will start using in-tree clang by default

Davide Italiano via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 27 12:56:21 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Ted Woodward
<ted.woodward at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> I think if clang exists in-tree, it should be used. If it doesn't, the compiler used to build lldb should be used.
>
> Unless, of course, the compiler is specified with the cmake variables.

I think that if the default is to run tests with the clang in-tree,
then clang should be built as dependency.
This kind of matches every other LLVM tool out there (e.g. lld relies
on llvm-mc and objdump and readobj to be built), clang relies on opt
to be built, etc...

Best,

--
Davide