[lldb-dev] What's the best way to use "--all-files" option from python?

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 23 18:02:40 PDT 2017

Just pass an invalid FileSpec for the source file spec, like:

lldb.target.BreakpointCreateBySourceRegex("printf", lldb.SBFileSpec())

and it acts the same way as the --all-files option.  That was pretty non-obvious, I'll update the docs.

Actually, the thing you CAN'T do is get the command line behavior where lldb uses the "default file" i.e. when you run "break set -p" but don't supply a file or the --all-files option.  That seemed to me less useful for a programming interface since the default file is history dependent (it's the file with "main" in it before you run, then it's where you last set a breakpoint, or where you last stopped, etc.)  If you needed this behavior it would be better to have the target vend the default file, though right now that's really only maintained by the breakpoint command...

Jim