[lldb-dev] Unable to Locate lldb-server on Ubuntu

Jeremiah via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Nov 25 22:04:28 PST 2017

On my Pop!_OS machine (which is based on Ubuntu 17.10), using any
version of LLDB above 3.8 gives me the error "process launch failed:
unable to locate lldb-server-x.x.x" but when version 3.8 is installed,
it works just fine.

There are various posts across the web about the same problem on
multipler versions of Ubuntu. The most common solution presented is to
use update-alternatives, but that did not solve the problem for me. I
also checked my bin directories and the binaries for lldb-server are
there for any version I install.